Aeotec Multi sensor - temp, hum, motion update - light doesnt

I’ve made slow progress to getting the Aeotec Multi sensor setup on my Vera3 (UI5).
Through the various threads on this board and some other sources, I’ve optimized the Device Options to now be as attached.
I’ve set the Lux meter to 300 secs - as I want to primarily use that feature to control the blinds on each side of the house (this is one of 3 multisensors to follow the sun/light).

I keep getting 1000lux as light value, even when I’ve tuned the sensitivity down to min. on the sensor.

Anyone with a suggestion to what else I should tweak?

The sensitivity dial, as far as I know, only controls the sensitivity of the motion sensor and not any of the other sensors.

Lux is a measurement of light. If you put the sensor on a dark room (or in a box), does the value eventually go down?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I remember before I got rid of all my aeotecs they were showing 999 or 100 nearly all day. Only when it got really dark did it drop. And the dial definitely only affects the motion sensor, the lux sensitivity cannot be adjusted (as far as I am aware)

On a sunny day at noon it can be 100,000+ lux. Mine outside also regularly read 1k during the day but I expect that. My inside one varies more because it is not so “bright” inside.

The following resource gives some good comparisons of what a certain lux might be (400 is a brightly lit office). Note however that it does say that daylight is between 32,000-100,000 lux.

Basically these sensors were meant to be used indoors, however my outside one does show different levels at night.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Thanks All.
Yes, I see the LUX value drop at night but have no real use as soon as there’s normal daylight. No differentiation between shade, cloud covered or sun. Which was my whole idea of using these sensors to create the automation for lowering or opening blinds based on the measure light level.

As I’m not planning to use the motion sensor I will try darkening the visor on the sensor to see if I can get some level of calibration to differentiate between sun or no sun.

[quote=“pascalw, post:5, topic:181208”]Thanks All.
Yes, I see the LUX value drop at night but have no real use as soon as there’s normal daylight. No differentiation between shade, cloud covered or sun. Which was my whole idea of using these sensors to create the automation for lowering or opening blinds based on the measure light level.

As I’m not planning to use the motion sensor I will try darkening the visor on the sensor to see if I can get some level of calibration to differentiate between sun or no sun.[/quote]

Are your sensors inside or outside? If they are outside, try moving them inside as that is where you will start to see the lux actually change. A cloudy day could be over 1000 lux (could be below it as well depending on how many clouds) outside, however inside there would be a more drastic change in lux (in my experience).

Although Lux levels can be higher than 1000, the aeotec seems to be limited to show 1000 max, I have never seen a higher level and I had mine outside

You can try darkening the lense with a sharpie. The motion detector will still operate but it will shade the light sensor.