Aeotec (Aeon labs) NEW MultiSensor 6

Well Aeotec will come out with a new multi sensor that senses 6 different external parameters.
This is replacing the MS4.
What are your thoughts?

It is ashame that motion sensor cannot be on if used outside… I am trying to understand that logic.

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor this provides the full info.

I agree, I always use a cheap motion flood for the outside and a Z-Wave switch to control it. That way I can turn it on with the Z-Wave switch and it still acts as a lighted motion from the outside.
In doing it this way, the only thing you lose is the ability to activate scenes with motion on the light.
I am also thinking of using a single gang electrical box with a plastic cover with a different motion like this one for outdoor use.

Wow, admittedly that is one sweet looking device. Wonder how much $ …

I have the same question, plus when, and will it work better then the last one

I think we all can agree it can only get better. The last one worked terribly with the Edge.

That is an interesting point reference the last model.
It took an inordinate time for it to function fully with Vera and other products that supported it.
Hopefully the new standard for Gen 5 does not repeat history!

Yea we all hope but the few gen 5 devices that are out don’t work right, so I can only assume.

I wonder what the downside to having the motion enabled outdoors is. Will it pick up the wind? Is it so sensitive that dust/dirt will set it off? Really very curious as this is the main reason why I’m getting one. I have 2 of the previous generations and neither worked reliably (so many false positives.)

Pir detects heat. And wind will set it off due to different temps

will this work with the vera lite?

Did you read this thread? The sensors not out yet so no one knows how it works with anything yet.

But for sure you’ll be missing some functions as the LITE does not have a z-wave plus chip.

Did you read this thread? The sensors not out yet so no one knows how it works with anything yet.

But for sure you’ll be missing some functions as the LITE does not have a z-wave plus chip.[/quote]

Yes i did… what i was asking, was will it work at all. i know it’s a gen5, i didn’t know if there was a hardware limitation with gen 5 devices.
i wasn’t asking “how well it worked” i was asking if it would work at all…
at the time of my post i didn’t know anything about the gen5 stuff. but i’ve looked it up now.

Pir detects heat. And wind will set it off due to different temps[/quote]

Thanks. I was hoping the newer version would work outdoors as I’m still struggling to find a good outdoor multisensor. Guess I have to decide if I’m going to keep my order or cancel it. The smaller form factor is nice but if I’m losing functionality, I may as well scrap it. I do have a camera I could use for motion detection although the field of view is limited.

Any suggestions on a good outdoor multisensor and/or motion sensor? I’ve also tried Everspring motion sensor but that just chewed through batteries at a high rate.

Pir detects heat. And wind will set it off due to different temps[/quote]

Thanks. I was hoping the newer version would work outdoors as I’m still struggling to find a good outdoor multisensor. Guess I have to decide if I’m going to keep my order or cancel it. The smaller form factor is nice but if I’m losing functionality, I may as well scrap it. I do have a camera I could use for motion detection although the field of view is limited.

Any suggestions on a good outdoor multisensor and/or motion sensor? I’ve also tried Everspring motion sensor but that just chewed through batteries at a high rate.[/quote]

There is no such thing as an outdoor multisensor and outdoor motion sensors are very expensive and hard to find. They need to have more then just PIR in them to prevent false alarms. Usually they are all dual detection with microwave detection at a min also.
If I leave a window open in to get a cool breeze threw even my cheap wired motions on my alarm have tripped due to the mixing of air temps in doors.

Multisensor6 has been released.
All pre-orders are now fulfilled and regular sale starts Tuesday, Jun 30.

MAP : $49.99

http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/aeotec-by-aeon-labs-z-wave-5-in-1-multisensor

Caution :
manufacturer does not include batteries !
TheSmartestHouse include the batteries ( 2 x CR123A ) for the first 100 orders. :slight_smile: