Advanced Lighting Control - HELP - this newbie is going crazy

I would like to know how I can set a scene that will turn on one light at dusk (actually already have that, and it turns off 4 hours later) but I want to add that when that light goes off, 10 seconds or so later another light goes on for 1 hour.

I can make them light independently, but not on one scene.
IE: I have one light come on at dusk for 4 hours in the den, then at a 10 PM the bedroom light comes on for an hour, simulating occupancy.
The light that comes on in the bedroom is set by time rather than the trigger of the other light going out.

I wold like it to look like the den light was turned out, and then the BR light was turned on. I can make each day a little different, like sunset delayed by X (I think) and have 7 scenes for different days.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks,
m

Create a scene that runs when another light goes off and in the Advanced page add commands/delays like this:

1. Delay of 10 seconds
  2. Turn on light
  3. Delay of 3600 seconds (1 hour)
  4. Turn off light

You can chain how many commands/delays you want.

Hope this helps.

This is great - kinda works for me -
I say this b/c I am controlling a dimmer module and it is showing me many options -
I now realize that it is pretty much binary - 1= on 0 = off
I didn’t know what set target was looking for and I put 50% in but it kept showing full power.

I think when I can get to the house, I will change the module to a standard on/off and put a low wattage incandescent bulb in place and not worry about it.

Thank for the insight, I now know more than I knew yesterday and can build on that

Happy Holidays,

m

Here in Seattle, WA we have one interesting problem - our sunrise and sunset times change all the time because we are so far north. I find myself monkeying with the timers all the time. Since Vera knows sunset and sunrise times for your location, I make use of that. I also don’t want to burn the porch lights all night, so I just turn them off to save energy.

By using four different scenes, the whole porch light schedule becomes more manageable around the four events. I can edit each piece without really affecting other parts of it. By filing under entryway, they are organized out of the way, but where I can find them.

I built my porch light control using four different scenes - Porch Sunset, Porch Night, Porch Dawn, Porch Sunrise

1. Sunset - I use a timer that is set for Day of Week, Mo-Su, Before Sunset, 15 minutes. Then I use a Command that turns on both the front and rear porch lights.
  2. Porch Night - I use a timer that is set for Day of Week, Mo-Su, 10:00 PM and a Command that turns the porch lights off
  3. Porch Dawn - I use a timer to turn on the porch lights an hour before sunrise and runs the porch lights so that the kids can find their way to the bus.
  4. Porch Sunrise - runs a timer set to 15 after sunrise. The command turns all the porch lights off.

Vera2 (1.1.1245, UI4); ACT ZRW113W; GE/Jasco 45600, 45602, 45604, 45605 x3, 45606 x4, 45609 x11, 45614; Hawking HRDS1 x3; Intermatic CA9000 x2; Schlage BE369GR, WCE100; Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA

[quote=“kgrr, post:4, topic:169722”]Here in Seattle, WA we have one interesting problem - our sunrise and sunset times change all the time because we are so far north. I find myself monkeying with the timers all the time. Since Vera knows sunset and sunrise times for your location, I make use of that. I also don’t want to burn the porch lights all night, so I just turn them off to save energy.

By using four different scenes, the whole porch light schedule becomes more manageable around the four events. I can edit each piece without really affecting other parts of it. By filing under entryway, they are organized out of the way, but where I can find them.

I built my porch light control using four different scenes - Porch Sunset, Porch Night, Porch Dawn, Porch Sunrise

1. Sunset - I use a timer that is set for Day of Week, Mo-Su, Before Sunset, 15 minutes. Then I use a Command that turns on both the front and rear porch lights.
  2. Porch Night - I use a timer that is set for Day of Week, Mo-Su, 10:00 PM and a Command that turns the porch lights off
  3. Porch Dawn - I use a timer to turn on the porch lights an hour before sunrise and runs the porch lights so that the kids can find their way to the bus.
  4. Porch Sunrise - runs a timer set to 15 after sunrise. The command turns all the porch lights off.

Vera2 (1.1.1245, UI4); ACT ZRW113W; GE/Jasco 45600, 45602, 45604, 45605 x3, 45606 x4, 45609 x11, 45614; Hawking HRDS1 x3; Intermatic CA9000 x2; Schlage BE369GR, WCE100; Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA[/quote]

I have a different problem !!!
Going crazy over sunset and sunrise.
I have Porch Set as a room
I have one Switch module for the porch light and two scenes. Porch Light ON(on at sunset) and Porch Light OFF (off at sunrise)
It does not work !!!
I added additional fixed time times in the ON scene and it turns on the light but when i wake up in morning the light is OFF before sunrise.
I tried the same in the Dining room and it did not work.
In dining room i setup a scene on 15 before sunset and leave it on and it worked but the light tuns off randomly any time during the evening.
Just wanted to have inputs what am i doing wrong?