Adding Duwi Wall controller?

I’ve got a small Z-wave network of some duwi lightswitches/dimmer with a Vera-2 gateway. I have added the lightswitches to Vera, and have been controlling my lights both with the wall switches and with my smartphone (trough Vera)

Now I want to controll my lights with a «third controller»: a wireless Duwi Wall Controller (DUW_064435). But I have no idea how to add this to VERA, and controll my lights as an regular lightswitch.

Can someone give a newbie a step-by-step tutorial on how to conect a wall controller to VERA? And then how to controll something at all with it (scenes/single lightswitch/dimmer.)

-putrid
(new to vera)

113 times this post was readed.
No answer.
This is sad, very sad.

I’v similar question but is there any hope to get answer?

Something is wrong with that forum.

There could be many reasons why no one answered. It could be that no one has an answer. No one on this forum owns or has experience with this device. Or it could be the fact that this post was overlooked.

• Garrett

If I’m understanding the part number correctly, I bought one of these to try. I failed to get it to work. It shows in Vera with battery status, but Vera can not use it to control devices or scenes. I later found this wiki showing that it is not really compatible:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Add_Controller

I also bought a Z-Wave.Me ZME_06443. This is a Duwi with different firmware that I have been successful with Vera (apart from some incorrect triggering of multiple scenes). There are step-by-step instructions somewhere for that device, if you decide to get one.

I’m not sure if my answers are of any help. But at least I have tried :wink:

[quote=“jtmoore, post:4, topic:171440”]If I’m understanding the part number correctly, I bought one of these to try. I failed to get it to work. It shows in Vera with battery status, but Vera can not use it to control devices or scenes. I later found this wiki showing that it is not really compatible:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Add_Controller

I also bought a Z-Wave.Me ZME_06443. This is a Duwi with different firmware that I have been successful with Vera (apart from some incorrect triggering of multiple scenes). There are step-by-step instructions somewhere for that device, if you decide to get one.[/quote]

I must have missed this question earlier… :slight_smile:

The problems with the ZME version of this device is being worked on. MCV patched the problem with its scene numbers but that patch did not make it into the last public beta.

Anyways: there are two versions of the device: the ZME version (type 06443) which is what Putrid has, and the original Duwi version (type 05460). Both work with Vera.

Both the 06443 and the 05460 are included into the Vera network as follows:

1. Put Vera into Inclusion mode
  2. Press the Include (I) button on the wall switch for 2 seconds until the light lights up green. Vera’s light should blink rapidly, and the 06443 will blink solid green for a few seconds. If it blinks red, try again.

These devices are a bit tricky to get included properly. Best not to try a high power inclusion; bring the device close to Vera for this! Still, sometimes you get the dreaded “failed to go into learning mode”, and sometimes the device thinks it is part of the network while Vera doesn’t. If the device does not show up in Vera’s interface after inclusion, try the following:

1. Push the I button on the device for 2 seconds. If the light turns green, you are ready to try and include it again. If it turns red, the device thinks it is part of the network and you have to reset it as follows:
  2. For the 06443: Hold the Exclude button (E) for 10 seconds until the light blinks 3 colors, then quickly press the Up button 3 times. The led should shine green.
  3. For the 05460: Hold the Exclude button (E) for 10 seconds until the light blinks 3 colors. Now quickly press the Up buttons 3 times; the led will blink faster. Then press the Down button 3 times. The led will shine green.

The 06443 can be used to trigger scenes but it is somewhat limited due to the aforementioned bug. To set the switch up for scene control, refer to the manual and this thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9182.msg70934.html#msg70934

Both devices can simply be associated to light switches to remotely control those lights. Proceed as follows:
For the 06443:

1. Triple click the Associate (A) button
  2. Triple click the Include (I) button
  3. Single click the Up button (or double click to control a different set of lights with double clicking)
  4. On the light switch you want to control with this controller, signal that you wish this light to be associated. Usually done with a triple click on the on/off button.

For the 05460:

1. Triple click the Up button
  2. On the light switch you want to control with this controller, signal that you wish this light to be associated. Usually done with a triple click on the on/off button.

Repeat to add multiple lights to this controller.

If you still have problems with either type of switch, please carefully note what color the leds blink when you try these steps.

Ill give it a shot. Getting Vera to accept it as an scene controller would be enough. I got a stairway where i want a lightswitch at both floors and connected to Vera. Seems like I have to choose if I want to pair the originaly lightswitch (on first floor) with a Duwi wall controller (06443), and have that on the second floor. But then I cant pair the lightswitch to Vera, since its already paired.

But if I can get the 06443 to be accepted by VERA as a scene controller, I think I should manage.

Hi there.

I have 05460 version… unfortunatly this switch it a pita to associate with my Everspring wall plugs.

I have 3 of those, but I had success with just 2 of these Duwi 05460 and Everspring wall plugs, but the last one : no success at all.

Really this “thing” is the worse thing I got.

Unfortunatly I cannot return to the vendor since I got it for more that 2 weeks. :confused:

I saw there Zwave.ME version with an enhanced firmare. I am so_jalous and really I am daring to find a way to reprogram this piece of hardware (or loosing my 50€ and put that in the dust bin).

Anyway, next wall controler will be NEVER a duwi wall controller. This hardware is really brain damaged one. (In fact the worse one I had the occasion to test… Anyway…)

Xavier

I have these switches throughout my house; most are stock Duwi ones and a few are ZME ones where I needed scene control. On the whole, I am happy with them even if the firmware is a bit basic.

By the way, my stockist (Tane.nl) offers an upgrade to ZME firmware; it involves mailing him the Duwi module and paying 10 euro or so. You might check with your Z-wave shop if they have a similar capability.

Hi Guys!
I also bought the 05460 but I am starting to wonder why I bought it in the first place…
As I readup on the item, it cannot be used as an actual scene controller right?
The only thing which can be done is directly link it to a fibaro thingy for example and use that thing as a trigger for a scene which makes the 05460 obsolete…
In vera, I cant see what I can use it for… any ideas?

You can use them for virtual 2 way switches. The advantage of directly linking this module to a light instead of controlling the light via a scene in Vera, is that the module switches the light instantly, whereas the Vera sometimes takes a few seconds to react to a scene controller.