Adding devices to bridged Veras...

So I’ve got 2 Veras bridged. My original vera3 is the master and my new vera3 is slave. When adding devices, does it matter which vera I add them to? For instance, say master vera is in the house and slave vera is in the garage. can I add my devices to master vera and still expect them to be controlled by slave vera if it has the best proximity to that device? Or must I add the device to slave vera and then import to master?

Add the devices to the closest vera. Keep in mind that only the top level Vera can control all of the devices. The Vera that is a slave can not control the devices that are added to the master Vera. So all control like scenes etc need to be done on the master Vera.

• Garrett

So, now that there is a second vera in the system, should I remove devices attached to the first vera and attache them to the slave if they are closer?

You can give it a go.

• Garrett

I hate Vague replies, so now that I have solved this issue myself, Here is the poop for any of you that finds yourselves asking the same questions I did.

Your devices Must be enrolled to the vera that will be controlling them. By Bridging the veras you only gained the ability to contol the slave vera from the master vera, you did not gain the ability to automatically transfer the load. So, if you have devices assigned to your first vera that would find themselves closer to, or better served by the second vera, you must disenroll it from vera 1 and enroll it with vera 2. you will still be able to control it from vera 1 as long as the two are bridged.

[quote=“Insomnia, post:5, topic:172282”]I hate Vague replies, so now that I have solved this issue myself, Here is the poop for any of you that finds yourselves asking the same questions I did.

Your devices Must be enrolled to the vera that will be controlling them. By Bridging the veras you only gained the ability to contol the slave vera from the master vera, you did not gain the ability to automatically transfer the load. So, if you have devices assigned to your first vera that would find themselves closer to, or better served by the second vera, you must disenroll it from vera 1 and enroll it with vera 2. you will still be able to control it from vera 1 as long as the two are bridged.[/quote]

I also wouldn’t call it a master/slave relationship it is peer level not master/slave or secondary as in zwave. I have 4 Vera’s bridged with each seeing all the devices.

hope you can help me, I have one VeraLite as master and a Vera2 bridged (slave), first time I establish the bridge all devices appears on master, question: If you add more devices to the slave, does it “appears” automatically on the master? if not what are the procedure to have all on the master?

Yes any devices added to the Vera 2 (slave) will be populated onto your Vera lite.

• Garrett

Hi all !!!
for 3 vera3 in bridge because is a big appartment with many concrete walls.

I put in all 3 vera3 my user ID and password ?
all of 3 are linked to my internet switch by the wan port ?
for add devices I add the closest devices for each one…
and finally…I go in that I want to be the master and do a inclusion by upnp from each one of the two anothers.
something more to do ??

thanks !