Adding delayed action or countdown timer

Is it possible to add a delay to the action after all conditions are met/triggered?

There are two ways you can do this:

1. Create an additional ReactorSensor that trips when your first ReactorSensor trips, but set its service condition options for “sustained for” to your delay period;

2. In the scene run by Reactor when it trips, delay the scene actions. In this scenario, the scene actions will run even if the ReactorSensor untrips before the expiration of the delay. If you would like to prevent that (so the actions run only if the ReactorSensor is still tripped when the delay expires, same behavior as “sustained for” above), add an “untrip” scene that does anything, or even nothing. Then, when the untrip scene is run, Reactor will first stop/abandon the previously scheduled trip scene.

[quote=“rigpapa”]There are two ways you can do this:

1. Create an additional ReactorSensor that trips when your first ReactorSensor trips, but set its service condition options for “sustained for” to your delay period;

2. In the scene run by Reactor when it trips, delay the scene actions. In this scenario, the scene actions will run even if the ReactorSensor untrips before the expiration of the delay. If you would like to prevent that (so the actions run only if the ReactorSensor is still tripped when the delay expires, same behavior as “sustained for” above), add an “untrip” scene that does anything, or even nothing. Then, when the untrip scene is run, Reactor will first stop/abandon the previously scheduled trip scene.[/quote]
    I have achieved this by adding a countdown timer app but thought that a delay action function built in would be useful feature request

[quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:3, topic:199856”][quote=“rigpapa”]There are two ways you can do this:

2. In the scene run by Reactor when it trips, delay the scene actions. In this scenario, the scene actions will run even if the ReactorSensor untrips before the expiration of the delay. If you would like to prevent that (so the actions run only if the ReactorSensor is still tripped when the delay expires, same behavior as “sustained for” above), add an “untrip” scene that does anything, or even nothing. Then, when the untrip scene is run, Reactor will first stop/abandon the previously scheduled trip scene.[/quote]
    I have achieved this by adding a countdown timer app but thought that a delay action function built in would be useful feature request[/quote]

The coming scene builder will also offer delays, as the current Vera scenes do (replicating that functionality). So, convince me if I’m wrong, but there are already two solutions built in, and a third coming. No additional plugin needed.

[quote=“rigpapa”][quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:3, topic:199856”][quote=“rigpapa”]There are two ways you can do this:

I have achieved this by adding a countdown timer app but thought that a delay action function built in would be useful feature request[/quote]

The coming scene builder will also offer delays, as the current Vera scenes do (replicating that functionality). So, convince me if I’m wrong, but there are already two solutions built in, and a third coming. No additional plugin needed.[/quote]
The scene/action I would like to add a delay too only contains luup code, I could add a pause in the luup or use Countdown Timer app but a selectable option in reactor would be more desirable

[quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:5, topic:199856”][quote=“rigpapa”][quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:3, topic:199856”][quote=“rigpapa”]There are two ways you can do this:

The coming scene builder will also offer delays, as the current Vera scenes do (replicating that functionality). So, convince me if I’m wrong, but there are already two solutions built in, and a third coming. No additional plugin needed.[/quote]
The scene/action I would like to add a delay too only contains luup code, I could add a pause in the luup or use Countdown Timer app but a selectable option in reactor would be more desirable[/quote]

I understand, but creating a second ReactorSensor to time-delay the first as I suggested (option 1) is far more efficient than installing another plugin. ReactorSensors are VERY lightweight, because all of them share the same code in memory.