AD2USB on Vera3 UI7 & USB logging

So I’ve been struggling with this for a long time now but I just cannot get the serial port configuration part of the AD2USB install completed. I’ve restarted the service, tried SSHing and playing around based on other threads (how to make vera recognize your usb-to-serial adapter) and wow… just no luck.

Also, I tried moving my logging to a usb thumb drive and though it formats, it always ended up “Enabled not mounted”

I’m tackling them one at a time now - working on the AD2USB.

Can anyone give me any tips?

Thx

Upgrade to UI5?

Tried 3 times and the unit auto-upgrades back to UI7. Its a new unit that came with UI7 on it - guess UI7 is not in RC anymore but rather Gold if it is sold with new units.

If you contact support they can change your vera so it wont auto update anymore

[quote=“helraiser”]So I’ve been struggling with this for a long time now but I just cannot get the serial port configuration part of the AD2USB install completed. I’ve restarted the service, tried SSHing and playing around based on other threads (how to make vera recognize your usb-to-serial adapter) and wow… just no luck.

Also, I tried moving my logging to a usb thumb drive and though it formats, it always ended up “Enabled not mounted”

I’m tackling them one at a time now - working on the AD2USB.

Can anyone give me any tips?

Thx[/quote]

I can confirm ui7 rc1 works great with ad2usb and the plugin. I have a 21ip… no problems. Works more reliably than it did before as well. (E.g. scene that triggers when unlocking door lock with pin actually reliably disarms alarm etc)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How did you get it to work. My Veralite G doesn’t see any serial ports.

Are you using 1.7.318 or a different version?

Yes, I’m running 1.7.318

I’m on 7.1.318 as well.

Did you try other usb port? Maybe lite only has one… i have vera 3 so I have 2.

Have you tried plugging adapter into a pc and testing with the virtual keypad app to validate all of that works?

I was using a brand new, out of the box 1.7.318. Tried both usb ports without success. I plugged it into my laptop and was getting proper data back from the alarm panel.

I’ve been at UI5 for just over a week now and have had the AD2USB working since then - a scene just kicked in a few mins ago to auto-arm my alarm for the night. It was definitely the UI7 release but ymmv.

Ken, sorry I was asking libby what version they were using as I was hoping it may ahve been a newer one. Curiously enough, i’m using mine with a Vista-20p panel (safewatch pro 3000en.)

That shouldn’t matter though as it’s the adapter that the Vera wouldn’t recognize.

[quote=“helraiser”]I was using a brand new, out of the box 1.7.318. Tried both usb ports without success. I plugged it into my laptop and was getting proper data back from the alarm panel.

I’ve been at UI5 for just over a week now and have had the AD2USB working since then - a scene just kicked in a few mins ago to auto-arm my alarm for the night. It was definitely the UI7 release but ymmv.

Ken, sorry I was asking libby what version they were using as I was hoping it may ahve been a newer one. Curiously enough, i’m using mine with a Vista-20p panel (safewatch pro 3000en.)

That shouldn’t matter though as it’s the adapter that the Vera wouldn’t recognize.[/quote]

Wierd… my vera 3 has gone from UI5 to UI6 to UI7 and is working… i have a Vista 21ip but like you said that doesn’t matter from the standpoint of just seeing the serial device. You don’t see it listed at all under develop apps?

Have you pulled any logs off of vera?

Maybe that’s what the difference is. Ours came with UI7 stock and we went to UI5. What version did yours come with? I’ve got everything working right now and would hate to upgrade to UI6 then UI7 and have to get things working all over again.

Mine is a few years old. . Came with UI5 … doubt that’s issue though… same software package…

I had the same issue with AD2USB not being seen. And in the UI7 interface the serial configuration screen in the Develop Apps page is empty. Customer support was able to get the serial configuration screen working. Then setting the baud to 115200 enabled AS2USB.

This was with Veralite.