Active Lights

Hello All -

Is there a way to allow the app to “ignore” the state of a device for the purposes of the “Active Lights” icon?

Specifically, I have an outlet in my garage that is always on. (It powers my sprinkler controller and creates a way for me to reboot it or “pull the plug” in an emergency.) As such, this outlet is always switched on and shows up in the “Active Lights” icon.

It’s not a huge deal but I thought I’d ask.

[quote=“tbully, post:1, topic:182649”]Is there a way to allow the app to “ignore” the state of a device for the purposes of the “Active Lights” icon?

Specifically, I have an outlet in my garage that is always on. (It powers my sprinkler controller and creates a way for me to reboot it or “pull the plug” in an emergency.) As such, this outlet is always switched on and shows up in the “Active Lights” icon.

It’s not a huge deal but I thought I’d ask.[/quote]

Currently, no. This unsurprisingly has been a bit of a common request though, so it’ll be making it into the next major release. Can’t say quite yet when that will be out, as I’ve been side tracked with getting some bug fixes etc out, but, stay tuned :slight_smile:

I agree this would be nice. I have my security cameras hooked too a device also for the purpose of rebooting. Though I don’t want to hide the device entirely I would prefer if it didn’t show up on the active lights as well. Good request.

Hello Veramate!

Sorry for the delayed reply. I must have missed the “new message” email.

Thanks for responding. I’m looking forward to the feature. I’ve just added a few water valves that will always be “on” so this will be even more necessary/nice.

Thanks.