A nice app, is anyone else using. ?

I’ve been a fan of Authomation for a long time and have it installed on a number of devices around the home. However I’ve come across Imperihome after installing my netatmo stuff (recommended by the forums elsewhere, thanks guys). I’ve only been using it for a few days and have to say that so far I’m quite impressed. The fastest app I’ve found for switching vera is so far homewave in the ipad, commands are instant, however this app is the same commands are instant so that’s my first like.

Secondly the ability to be able to customise things such as icons etc, yes I know that’s not a big deal but really does make things looks much more polished, for example I’ve got a cheap tablet running in my hallway for controlling things when coming in/out of the house and it really does look great with this running.

A major plus is the fact that the app can control various others items, and I’m sure as this list grows it will be the way that home automation goes in the future as various formats come and go and the struggle for a home automation standard continues (quite why in this day and age no one is able to resolve that I’ll never know but its an age old chestnut). I look forward to see how it grows in this respect.

Currently my set up has all the scences not assigned to rooms as I like to not clutter up the rooms in authomation and just leave them in the global view. I’ve noticed that this app only pulls scences into view if they are room assigned, and that means you cannot see them even when trying to set up short cuts to scences on the screen. I suspect this will be overcome by me creating a room call access or something similar, is this what other people do with scences or does everyone else always assign them to a room ?

The homewave app on ipad does a really cracking job of controls for the vera hue app, it would be nice to see a similar execution in this app as currently I can’t see any way to control colours etc direct from the app. I’ve seen mentioned that there might be a “pro” version coming up, perhaps that will contain such things. Whilst taking about the pro app I guess there might be more icon options etc, certainly that would be nice as icons for desk lamps etc might be nice to be different from the standard light bulb.

So anyone else using this, I assume so ? Certainly I’ve been quite impressed and look forward to what else it can do. Looks like I’ll be running two apps for a while along side each other to see which one I end up using the most. The UI on this is very nice to look at gives a really pro feel more like the expensive installations that people have in huge houses (not a domain I’ll ever play in I suspect).

Looking forward to see what’s next.

Yes, I like ImperiHome very much. I will post more details soon.

Bob

I mentioned before it does not display items not assigned to rooms, that was user error on my part, I just needed to select that option in settings. Showing everything now as per the other apps I use.

Yes, it does group by room for both devices and scenes - very handy. Also you can HIDE anything you don’t want to see. This is great for virtual devices or scenes that you don’t want the non-initiated (i.e. my wife) to see.

You can also specify which room is shown by default when you start the app.

One thing I like about the layout is that the sliders for dimmable devices are NOT on the main screen. In other programs that do this, the slider is too big and too easy to hit accidentally. In ImperiHome you have to tap on the device and then you see a popup with the slider.

Bob

It would be good to see the hue app controlled from the app, not sure of the developer frequents the forum, if they do perhaps they could comment.

I’ve also not had much success using the app outside of my wifi network but will see how I get on, for now my main app for that is still authomation.

For tablets around the house this is excellent though as the wake up speed and instant display of current status is far better than other apps I’ve so far tested.

I just tried out the app and had exactly the opposite reaction. There’s all that empty space between the description on the left and the button on the right (at least on a 7" tablet). Why not use it for a slider? I guess that’s what makes interfaces difficult to design; everyone has a different opinion.

One other comment I have is that speech recognition does not work at all for me. Even the simplest phrases result in an “unrecognized” error.

Hi,

Thanks for your comment :slight_smile:

We have this on our todo list :)(but don’t currently own Hue bulbs/controller, so we can’t guarantee a date on this)

Hmm this is quite strange, the app should also work remotely if you entered your MIOS infos in the config wizard. If this persists, you can get back to us on our support email so tha we can diagnose this together.

Best regards,

The ImperiHome Team

Hi,

Interfaces are quite difficult to design to make everyone happy with them but still, you are perfectly right : the tablet layout of ImperiHome is very improvable to take advantage of the free space on the left. We will try to do better :slight_smile:

Perhaps you already saw it; we just released a little preview video of what we are working on, particularly for tablet layouts, it’s here : [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15974.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15974.0.html[/url]

Speech recog currently lacks of clear error reporting messages; we will work on this to make it better.

Thanks for your feedback !

Best,

The ImperiHome Team

I use both AuthomationHD and ImperiHome on a HP Touchpad running CynagenMod 9 Android.

ImperiHome is way ahead where my IP camera’s are concerned. The full screen display, Pan and Tilt option and access to presets makes it my app of choice when I am at work and want to check up on my dogs at home or confirming a delivery I’ve been waiting for.

AuthomationHD has better support for my Trane Z-wave thermostat though.

Looking at the teaser video for the new IMperiHome 2 version, I’m pretty sure my iPhone will be upgraded to a Moto X when it comes out in a few months.

[quote=“BOFH, post:9, topic:176374”]I use both AuthomationHD and ImperiHome on a HP Touchpad running CynagenMod 9 Android.

ImperiHome is way ahead where my IP camera’s are concerned. The full screen display, Pan and Tilt option and access to presets makes it my app of choice when I am at work and want to check up on my dogs at home or confirming a delivery I’ve been waiting for.

AuthomationHD has better support for my Trane Z-wave thermostat though.

Looking at the teaser video for the new IMperiHome 2 version, I’m pretty sure my iPhone will be upgraded to a Moto X when it comes out in a few months.[/quote]

Nice to hear it’s ahead with IP camera support, Ive got some Aircam domes in the mail which im going to run through Blue Iris. Hopefully I will get them working remotely. Will report back on compatibility.