3 way scene

I have just gotten the majority of my lighting system installed and am now working on developing scenes and adding controllers. My next task is to add scene controllers where slave switches for the 3 ways exist currently. i would like to keep this as a simple Vera scene rather than going to an add on. Is there a way to “activate” the switch (either turn it on or off depending on status of the light) with an advanced scene?

Thanks!
ctzw

Never mind, just figured it out within the advanced settings.

cheers!

Now that I am able to test this from the scene controller there seems to be a lag in when the light comes on, say half a second. The scene controller and target device are within 10’ of the Vera. Is this to be expected? Is there another way to program the scene to be more immediate?

Thanks
Ctzw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“catchingthezwaves, post:3, topic:181030”]Now that I am able to test this from the scene controller there seems to be a lag in when the light comes on, say half a second. The scene controller and target device are within 10’ of the Vera. Is this to be expected? Is there another way to program the scene to be more immediate?

Thanks
Ctzw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I would say a half-second lag is normal.

[quote=“qwen3579, post:4, topic:181030”][quote=“catchingthezwaves, post:3, topic:181030”]Now that I am able to test this from the scene controller there seems to be a lag in when the light comes on, say half a second. The scene controller and target device are within 10’ of the Vera. Is this to be expected? Is there another way to program the scene to be more immediate?

Thanks
Ctzw

I would say a half-second lag is normal.[/quote]

Considering your running wireless from the controller switch, to Vera, to the light switch, to the load it’s never going to be as fast as a normal light switch.

I don’t mind the lag, but I assume that increasing the distance from the controller will increase the lag time. I think i will test this to see if the kids can deal with it.

Thanks,

ctzw

Direct association allows the scene controller switch to control the load switch without vera. You don’t necessarily want to do this, but you should know it’s possible on some devices. If you want simple, that’s simple.

Thanks dzmiller, I am looking into how direct associations work and whether my skills are up to the task.

As a follow up to your suggestion, should this decease the lag time of the 3way toggling?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“catchingthezwaves, post:8, topic:181030”]Thanks dzmiller, I am looking into how direct associations work and whether my skills are up to the task.

As a follow up to your suggestion, should this decease the lag time of the 3way toggling?

Thanks!

I could be wrong but first make sure the switch your using is capable of it. I thought like instant status there is only higher end switches that accept that.