2 Partition setup.

HI guys. I am just setting up a new 20P system with Vera and had a question. I would like to potentially put my basement windows on a separate partition and keep them always armed.

• Does that sound like a good idea? Is there another way to setup those windows to always be armed?
  • Can I arm/disarm multiple partitions through Vera via this plugin?

Thanks

Probably yes … I use DSC … and have it setup for multiple partitions … I can arm/disarm each independently from my logic.

I have a shop/garage partition and a house partition. I usually enter the house via the shop.

I use Vera Proximity, PLEG, and the GarageDoor sensor to disable my Shop partition if I enter a 1 Mile Geofence, followed by a 1/4 mile GeoFence,
followed by opening my Garage Door within 10 minutes.

I use Vera Proximity, PLEG, and a Door Lock Code to disable my House partition if my Geofence indicates I am inside 1/4 mile, and I entered a valid door Pin Code.

I arm both partitions if the Garage Door is closed AND I exit the 1/2 mile GeoFence and 1 mile GeoFence within 10 minutes.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:187085”]Probably yes … I use DSC … and have it setup for multiple partitions … I can arm/disarm each independently from my logic.

I have a shop/garage partition and a house partition. I usually enter the house via the shop.

I use Vera Proximity, PLEG, and the GarageDoor sensor to disable my Shop partition if I enter a 1 Mile Geofence, followed by a 1/4 mile GeoFence,
followed by opening my Garage Door within 10 minutes.

I use Vera Proximity, PLEG, and a Door Lock Code to disable my House partition if my Geofence indicates I am inside 1/4 mile, and I entered a valid door Pin Code.

I arm both partitions if the Garage Door is closed AND I exit the 1/2 mile GeoFence and 1 mile GeoFence within 10 minutes.[/quote]
That’s pretty interesting. I guess the only glitch might be if your phone gets stolen and you’re not aware of it gone. Or maybe you leave without your phone (assuming that’s what’s supplying the GPS co-ordinates).

Oh and is UI7 good to go with the plugin? I updated, but can go back to UI5 if need be. Just kind of in TEST mode messing around right now.

Without the GeoFence I can can always arm/disarm remotely or use the strange device on the wall (Keypad)