2 Minor Plugin Specific Display Issues

Hi,

I noticed a few odd issues which might be of interest;

#1: I am using a modified version of the APCUPSd plugin (ref: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7845.msg168729.html#msg168729). When trying to display the tile on the altUI screen, I can only do so if I uncheck all the category boxes (see attached “Unknown Device” screengrabs). Perhaps this device does not fit into the existing category list and a solution could just be to add an “other” checkbox for devices such as this one that is not properly categorized.

#2: I have several instances of the Ping Sensor + WOL plugin (ref: MiOS Apps). The control panel for the two instances look very different. See the attached “Ping Sensor” screengrabs.

Hope all is well,
Ted

[quote=“tedp, post:1, topic:192689”]Hi,

I noticed a few odd issues which might be of interest;

#1: I am using a modified version of the APCUPSd plugin (ref: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7845.msg168729.html#msg168729). When trying to display the tile on the altUI screen, I can only do so if I uncheck all the category boxes (see attached “Unknown Device” screengrabs). Perhaps this device does not fit into the existing category list and a solution could just be to add an “other” checkbox for devices such as this one that is not properly categorized.

#2: I have several instances of the Ping Sensor + WOL plugin (ref: MiOS Apps). The control panel for the two instances look very different. See the attached “Ping Sensor” screengrabs.

Hope all is well,
Ted[/quote]

can you do MISC/ DEBUG/ Code Javascript and type MultiBox.getDeviceByAltuiID(“0-200”)
if the device does not report a category_num property, there is nothing I can do, the category is missing from one of the device plugin file.
(Category list is dynamically retrieved from the vera box which sends all categories of existing devices if they have one)

regarindg ping sensor, you have a javascript crash on the second one, you need to get the messages from the console log and let me know ( please do so on latest version… ) thx

OK – got some feedback.
#1: Regarding the Javascript Error, you are right: one of my ping-sensor plugin instances is crashing. Here’s the data dump:

J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5061 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'users' of undefined(anonymous function) @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5061each @ jquery.min.js:2_deviceDrawDeviceTriggers @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5060_deviceRefreshDevicePanel @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5239_deviceDrawControlPanel @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5245pageControlPanel @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:7552(anonymous function) @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:8011dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3r.handle @ jquery.min.js:3

As for the category, the device in question is not categorized. I am realizing the same holds true for other devices (such VeraAlerts). In the regular UI5, there is an “others” category that brings them all out. (see attached) Perhaps it’s possible to put in a catchall checkbox for “other”?

[quote=“tedp, post:3, topic:192689”]OK – got some feedback.
#1: Regarding the Javascript Error, you are right: one of my ping-sensor plugin instances is crashing. Here’s the data dump:

J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5061 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'users' of undefined(anonymous function) @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5061each @ jquery.min.js:2_deviceDrawDeviceTriggers @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5060_deviceRefreshDevicePanel @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5239_deviceDrawControlPanel @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:5245pageControlPanel @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:7552(anonymous function) @ J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:8011dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3r.handle @ jquery.min.js:3

As for the category, the device in question is not categorized. I am realizing the same holds true for other devices (such VeraAlerts). In the regular UI5, there is an “others” category that brings them all out. (see attached) Perhaps it’s possible to put in a catchall checkbox for “other”?[/quote]

I think I know I ll put a fix for the crash. will have to see later for the rest
Category can be specified in device D file with Category_Num and SubCategory_Num keys with values matching these : http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories ( thx AK & vincent for the answer )

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0"> <specVersion> <major>1</major> <minor>0</minor> </specVersion> <device> <deviceType>VeraBridge</deviceType> <friendlyName>Vera Bridge</friendlyName> <manufacturer>akbooer</manufacturer> <manufacturerURL/> <modelDescription>Vera Bridge for openLuup</modelDescription> <modelName>VeraBridge v2.0</modelName> <modelNumber>1</modelNumber> <handleChildren>1</handleChildren> <Category_Num>1</Category_Num> <UDN/> <serviceList> <service> <serviceType>urn:akbooer-com:service:VeraBridge:1</serviceType> <serviceId>urn:akbooer-com:serviceId:VeraBridge1</serviceId> <SCPDURL>S_VeraBridge.xml</SCPDURL> </service> </serviceList> <staticJson>D_VeraBridge.json</staticJson> <implementationList> <implementationFile>I_VeraBridge.xml</implementationFile> </implementationList> </device> </root>